Tuesday, June 24, 2008

MawMaw and PawPaw's Pool and Maddie's Park

Monday evening we made our first trip to the Edinburgh Pool for the summer. We learned of this last summer and took advantage of it several times, but this was the first Monday night we were free to go so far this summer. Jeff's parents live in Edinburgh, and on Monday evenings, the public pool is open from 5-8 p.m. for FREE! It becomes a great evening for us because we usually get to give the girls baths and get a special treat at MawMaw and PawPaw's house afterwards. Sometimes it includes an overnight for the girls with Jeff's parents as well, so it gives us a little break, too. We love the Edinburgh pool because it is great for toddlers. Believe it or not, it's also not very crowded on the free nights either. Elaina calls it "MawMaw and PawPaws Pool". We were able to enjoy the evening with friends, too, so that made it extra fun. Elaina got to spend some time with her friend, Brookie.

Today, we went to Zionsville and visited with my best friend from Franklin College, Amanda (Withem) Callen. Amanda and Brad's daughter, Madison, is 15 months old. Another friend from school joined us with her daughter as well, so we all had a great time. Jen's daughter, Hayley, is 18 months old. Elaina called the park that we went to, "Maddie's Park." Needless to say, the park didn't last all morning, and those girls were hungry and tired! It was nice to see them again. Elaina had not been to Maddie's house in almost a year, but when I told her this morning that we were going to Amanda and Maddie's house, she said, "That dog scares me. She needs to put that dog outside!" I couldn't believe that she remembered! Then, when we were driving down the street that the Callen's house is on, Elaina spotted it right away and said, "I find it! Maddie's house! There it is! I find it!" I looked in the rearview mirror, and sure enough, she was pointing to the right house. She amazes me!

In an earlier post, I mentioned that I would post a picture of the board that we finally got finished for the girls' room. So, here it is. Thanks, Jim, for routing the board for us! The board reads, "Sister will you . . . make believe, play dress-up, let me be the princess . . . always be my friend?" I pray that the girls will form a friendship together that they will carry with them throughout their lives.





3 comments:

The Knight Family said...

Ok, I am so much wishing we could just pack up and come there to see you all right now! Addie would have so much fun with your girls, I just know it! I love their matching swimsuits :) And the board for their room is way too cute, love what it says! Missin' ya!

The Knight Family said...

Not sure why my last comment on here showed up from "our family" but it was me, Jessalyn!

Crazy Mom of 3 said...

I love that little thing. You are so creative!!! If only I could be half as creative as you! Your the best at this bloggin stuff.