Monday, August 4, 2008

Miss B - New Hampshire Trip - Day 15

I had to make this last post about our trip. When I was a little girl, I had a lovey named Miss B. She was a bunny rabbit hand puppet blanket thingy. Anyway, I took her everywhere, so she actually made many New Hampshire trips. One year, when we got to New Hampshire, we couldn't find Miss B. My mom tells me that I cried and cried and cried. Mom was afraid we had left Miss B in Connecticut at my aunt and uncle's house. She was fearful of what our time in New Hampshire would be like with me not having my lovey. Fortunately, my mom found Miss B, and it was a very happy ending.

Well, 28 years later, Miss B is still making the New Hampshire trip. When I was pregnant with Elaina, I washed up Miss B just in case we had a baby girl. Well, we did, but Elaina really never got attached to a lovey. I was a little disappointed, but I knew Elaina would have other special things that she gets to have passed down to her from me. So, I set it aside and saved it for possibly another baby girl. Then, Emily was born! Emily attached to Miss B right away and snuggles with Miss B at every nap and every bedtime. Miss B went on our trip with us, and she made it safely home, too. Emily loves her Miss B!
Emily and Miss B

Miss B - age 28

2 comments:

The Knight Family said...

This is adorable! I can't believe Miss B is still kickin' after all these years. Emily is one lucky girl to have her mommy's special lovey.

Crazy Mom of 3 said...

I'm not sure how you do it!! I have a few things from when I was little and they look no where near as good as Miss B. Plus the stuff my girls have, if they would want to pass it on, would probably have to go through hazmat first.