Monday, July 21, 2008

Breakfast at Bea's and a Day with Family - New Hampshire Trip - Day 4

Today was a great day with family! Most all of the family that we met with today hasn't seen Elaina since she was six months old, and they have never met Emily. Aunt Penny had not met either of the girls before today, so we were very excited to see her.

We met for breakfast at Bea's Cafe in Conway. My family in the Conway area is known to meet for breakfast frequently at Bea's, and many times I think they overstay their welcome and overfill their coffee mugs! Our waitress was wonderful today. We were there for a really long time, the girls made an absolute mess with their enormous blueberry muffins, and they don't sit still long so they were pretty antsy. The waitress was so nice. She even offered to come outside and take a picture of all of us in front of the cafe window.

After breakfast we went over to Uncle Ernie and Aunt Donna's house to visit and play. We had a great time talking and catching up. We were hoping to see the bear cubs that live in a small wooded area around their house, but we didn't see them today. Maybe we will get to see them before we leave.

Jeff and I stopped by the NH Ranger Station to plan out our hike up Mt. Chocorua in the morning. Each day this week is calling for a chance of storms, so we just thought we'd go ahead and climb Mt. Chocorua tomorrow. Jeff is really excited! I have climbed Mt. Chocorua before, but I haven't hiked the trail that we are going to take tomorrow. I'm really excited about doing this with Jeff. We plan to be on the trail by 5:30 - 5:45 a.m.

It rained this afternoon, and everyone here except me took naps. I really wanted a nap, but wanted to work on my blog more! After naps, we went into North Conway to get enough groceries for breakfast and lunch for the week and to have dinner.

We had dinner tonight with my Aunt Penny. We went to dinner at a restaurant called Friendly's. It had the shortest wait after trying to get into several other restaurants. It ended up being a great meal, and the girls had a ball! Friendly's is known for their ice cream treats, so after eating our dinner there, we also enjoyed delicious ice cream.

Aunt Penny always took me and my brothers to different fun places when we were here during our summers. We have a lot of really fun memories with Aunt Penny. Crystal Lake, Moat Mountain, Funtown USA, and donuts for breakfast are just a few of the many memories we have with her. I'm so glad she finally got to meet the girls, and it was so wonderful to see her! We look forward to spending more time with her this week.

Aunt Joyce, Uncle Frank, Elaina, MeMe, Poppy, Uncle Ernie, Aunt Donna, Jeff, Aunt Penny, Stephanie, and Emily at Bea's Cafe for breakfast.

Uncle Ernie, Stephanie, Aunt Donna standing in front of a White Birch tree - one of my favorite things about New Hampshire (they're everywhere)!

Emily at Friendly's for dinner asking for some ice cream.

1 comment:

The Knight Family said...

This sounds like a small town kinda place...right up my alley! I'm glad you're getting to spend so much time with family! Have fun on your hike, early birds! Take lots of pictures (wait, I'm sure you will, heehee)!