Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Crystal Lake - New Hampshire Trip - Day 9

Saturday was our last full day in New Hampshire, so we had several things we wanted to accomplish. The first thing we wanted to do was to go to Crystal Lake. I spent many days at Crystal Lake each summer as a kid. It is a private beach, and only residents of the town are permitted, so my Aunt Penny would always take us as kids. We would spend most of the day there. We would always eat our lunch on the beach. It's a beautiful lake, and I have many fond memories there. Probably the most memorable is when my brother, Paul, picked up a huge rock out of the bottom of the lake and threw it at my head. Oh my goodness, I've never seen my Aunt Penny that upset. We were probably 7 or 8 when that happened, possibly younger, and I will never ever forget it!

The beach is still private, but we got there early enough that there wasn't anyone there checking permits. I didn't take the girls any extra clothes or swimsuits because we didn't think we'd be able to stay very long without a permit. Well, the girls couldn't handle it. They ran right to the water and had a blast. Elaina LOVED throwing rocks in the water. She had so much fun. Emily had a great time splashing in the water with MeMe. I loved being able to watch the girls play and have fun at "my lake." I took a few moments just to sit back and watch them. It was very special.

The beautiful view across part of Crystal Lake.

Our family at Crystal Lake.

Emily playing in the sand at Crystal Lake. I built many sandcastles on this beach when I was a kid.

Elaina loving the water at Crystal Lake. Forget a swimsuit!

Elaina playing at Crystal Lake.

No comments: