Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Lunch at Rosie and Jim's - with Trina and Jack, too!

I'm posting a couple of times today. I should have done this yesterday, but I just ran out of time. Yesterday was a big day. We started off the day with a visit to Rosie and Jim's house.

Rosie was my instructional assistant every year that I taught. We immediately formed a friendship when I started teaching. Rosie taught me so much, and those 3 1/2 years of teaching would have been much different without her. Not a good different. Although she was labeled as an instructional assistant, she taught and loved those kids just as much as any teacher. In fact, she was a special education teacher before she started her own family. When she decided to go back to work after her kids were grown and out of the house, she decided to become an instructional assistant. She also took a few maternity leaves here and there. We had so many good laughs, and cries too, when we worked together. I can't even begin to explain the crazy things we would do. She made going to work so much fun on those days that didn't seem like it was going to be a lot of fun. We became very close, and now that neither of us are working, we get together and have kept our friendship strong. Rosie is also an excellent cook, so I always know that I'm going to get fed well. Jim, Rosie's wife, is adored by Elaina. She always has a great time playing with him. Rosie and Jim both are very special to our family.

Trina and Jack were able to join us for lunch at Rosie's, too. Trina and I both arrived at the same school the same year to teach fifth grade. We became close as well, and I always enjoy talking and visiting her. Anytime I have a friend that has a child going into the fifth grade at Trina's school, I pray that they get her for a teacher. I learned a lot from her. She had been teaching for a while before we started teaching together, and she was always very helpful to me. She is honestly the best teacher in the building. It's always fun to catch up with her, and we had a great visit. Trina and Mike have a son, Jack. Jack is a little over eight months older than Elaina. He is such a cute guy!

Jack and Elaina having a picnic in Rosie's kitchen.

Jack and Elaina

No comments: